Monday, May 20, 2013

Mommy & Daddy's Anniversary at CHOP

Seven years ago today, I married the absolute love of my life.  Derrick is genuinely the sweetest, funniest, warmest, most infectiously happy person I have ever met.  We seriously have so much fun together no matter what we are doing.  I still find myself rolling laughing at him at the silliest things, but I genuinely think he is still hilarious.  Without a doubt, I hit the husband jackpot, and I remind him of that frequently! He's the best!




God really knew what He was doing when He paired us together.  While we have completely the same viewpoint on the big stuff (God, money, politics, raising Aubree, etc.), we are so different in so many ways, and it makes the best balance.  We are definitely never bored with each other!  He is so organized in his thought processes, and my mind can run 90 miles an hour on a million different things at once.  He laughs and says he can see when my wheels are turning in my mind.  He cleans one room of the house at time until they are all done while I do tiny bits throughout the house and get them closer to clean.  He is an early bird, and I am a night owl.  He is a planner, and I am very spontaneous.  We definitely balance each other! 
 





After almost 6 years of marriage, we just thought we were happy.  Then, we got the icing on the cake when Aubree came into our lives. She was the missing piece that we didn't know was missing!  Our sweet girl is a balance of us, too!  Aubree looks just like her Daddy, and acts just like her Mama!  Oh my! He is the "fun" one with Aubree that can always make her laugh and giggle and smile like crazy, and I am the comforter who can always get her to sleep or calmed down.  With all of Aubree's medical things, he deals with all of the insurance, medical bills, and such, and I worry about appointments, therapies, and supplies.  He is seriously the very best Daddy to Aubree, and I love him even more than I thought I could by seeing him love our daughter with all of his heart. 
 


In the midst of all of the joy we have experienced with Aubree, some of the most difficult times of our life together have been watching our sweet baby fight and struggle from a respiratory standpoint.  During these times, we have clung close to one another.  Throughout all of these difficult times, from the NICU, to the hospital stays for surgeries and illness, Derrick has been my rock.  The roller coaster of these experiences with so many highs and lows are so very excruciating, it is difficult for me to express in words.  When in the midst of a low point when Aubree seems to be doing worse, it sometimes feels like it is breaking me irreparably.  But Derrick always comforts me, consoles me, and points me right back to God who knows what the future holds for Aubree regardless of whether we do or not.  When I occasionally have slipped into darkest of places trying to deal with all of the unknowns that are before us, he always points me back to the light and hope in Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for him loving me in spite of the bawling, broken mess that sometimes comes out and doing everything he can to help put the pieces of me back together.  Thank you Lord for a spiritual leader who You use to bring me always back to You, where all hope is found!


One day, a very special young man will have EXTREMELY big shoes to fill to capture the heart of our sweet Aubree because her Daddy already has her heart and takes such sweet care of it.  I can only pray that she finds a man one day who is as good to her as her Daddy is to me.  A man who leads his family to the cross of Christ, loves his family unconditionally, and is the most fun, handsome man on the planet!



Happy 7th Anniversary, Babe!  I love you and love being by your side as we live life together.  Everyone, please pray for me as Derrick must return to work for few days each week starting tomorrow, and I have never had to do any of this without him.  Please pray for Derrick also because this will be his first time to ever be away from Aubree since she was still in the womb when I was a few months pregnant.  He in no way wants to leave his girls, but it must be done.  God give us strength through the times of separation.  Most of all, Lord, continue to work in Aubree's health and life and help us to make the best decisions for her. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful example of marriage & best wishes.

    ReplyDelete